Friday, January 16, 2009

@ Day 5 - 180.5 lbs - Photo

Day 5

Starting: 190 ~ Today: 180.5

I should be jumping for joy but I can't even jump. Getting out of bed is a chore too, my heart is always pounding so hard.

Today, I officially don't care about food, or drinking the cream for that matter. I barely have the energy to get up in the morning. I don't want any alcohol either. I'm always freezing as well. So I guess in those negative comments I made there are some real positives also ~ I'm not hungry, I am losing weight, and I don't want alcohol.

I haven't exercised in a few days due to no tolerance for strenuous activity, but maybe today I'll take a walk. It's a pretty day outside, but cold here in Florida. Us folks used to so much heat don't do well when it's 50 degrees out :)

I'll write more later!

Night time update: I posted the picture, and I didn't stop the diet yet, but I may soon, just not sure. I would like to hit the 170's first, or even 169. I have my plan down though for the new diet. Essentially egg and 1 piece whole wheat bread @ breakfast, whole wheat sandwich with lots of veggies and a little ham for lunch, and maybe a big salad with olive oil and vinegar for dinner (maybe with chicken on it). For snacks, hot tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, pickle, or whatever else I can come up with that I love and is low calorie.

I've been 190 for over a year so maintaining isn't too hard for me, losing is where I have the issues :)

6 comments:

  1. No way you're in Florida? I'm from Orlando.

    But umm anyway. Your heart is probably just saying "woah woah, why all the strain??" and is freaking out every time you make a move. this will soon stop. :)

    still enjoying your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orlando huh?? I used to live off Dean road, by Colonial Drive/University ~ then we moved to Deltona, which is where I am now.

    Thats very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really concerned about your health. Heavy cream and coffee? for how long? You may do permanent damage to your heart. There are better ways than this. How tall are you? I knew a girl that wore the exact same brand of pants everyday to keep the size consistent and when she felt snugness coming one would fast for a day on slimfast and be more careful after that. It worked really well for her once she was at her goal. I don't know what she did to get there but it probably had something to do with slimfast. If you plan to stay on heavy cream and coffee for 30 days or whatever I will expect to see a very sick but skinny girl in the end. I wish the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitt, I really appreciate your comments and concern, and I know its true what you're saying. I don't think I can continue at this pace for much longer. Today as I continued with my cream/coffee I also began planning the more healthy way to continue, because in the end it is what I'll need to do anyway.

    I was hoping for a 28 day regimen on this "fat fast" as there are some doctors who do allow patients to continue for that length - and then I would resume the normal healthy fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meat approach. But then again too, not everyone is the same, and my heart hates the strain of being in ketosis.

    It would be okay if I could lay in bed all day and not move but that isn't life, so we'll see and I am planning the new approach out.

    Thats a pretty neat way of doing it, what your friend did. I have a pair of pants I can use as my gauge but don't fit into them anymore - but when I do, its a great indicator.

    Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie, the disinterest in food or alcohol, the lack of energy, the pounding heart and the freezing are probably all symptoms of alcohol withdrawl added to the effects of your fast. In a couple more days, you'll feel better. I'm glad that you're working on your plan that will follow this fast. If you can't do any other exercise, you should try to walk - even if it's around the block. Keep us posted! Can't wait to see your new pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dean Road! wow thats really close. i live in a development off of 50 in east orlando. kind of where 50 forks off into 520 heading towards 528.

    of course i could've just totally confused you there.

    ReplyDelete