Monday, January 12, 2009

The Diet

Controversially, I am on what is called "The Fat Fast" originally developed by Dr. Keckwick, and modified by Dr. Atkins, its supposedly for "only the most metabolically resistant folks on Earth" yeah yeah yeah, I don't care, I am trying it, and I'm trying it longer than everyone says you're supposed to.

In the nutshell, you eat 5x 200 cal meals a day, the meals consisting of primarily fat and no carbs. Since I hate eating cream cheese, gobs of mayo, or macadamias - I'm just drinking coffee with heavy whipping cream in it and saying forget it to solid foods. I'm not following the normal diet to the tee, because I just have a coffee and cream when I want to, and even a bit of alcohol (0 carb) when it strikes my fancy. But, I'm trying to resist that part from now on.

Truth is, I'm just impatient and a brat, and I'm not suffering on this diet any longer than I have to, but if I HAVE to suffer at all, I'll go all out full-scale sufferage just to get it over with quicker.

If you're shaking your head and thinkin' 'poor girl, so dumb, gonna lose it and gain it back cause she don't know how to eat, has to use a fad diet instead of her brains and just eat right and exercise' - well don't worry, I do enjoy healthy foods, just don't want to wait 6 months to knock off these 50 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. I am on the same diet as you are. I love Atkins! Found your blog on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete